**Acorns in Japan: MIZUNARA (wooden aroma diffuser, pendant) made-to-order**
Acorn is one of our representative motives. For this series, we focus on Japanese acorns and make tiny delicate sculptures with precious woods.
This series is normally sold as a made-to-order. But if there are stocks, we can deliver them without waiting time! Please refer to the stock information below.
Stock information: StockNo Stocks (made-to-order only) 1
[ The type of acorn ]
**Mongolian oak, Quercus mongolica** "MIZUNARA" in Japanese.
The shape of the body is an elongated egg shape. The shell of the acorn is shaped like a bowl and near the tip is widened.
We designed complicated lines on the carving of the shell. It makes this acorn unique.
Material: Leather Strap (Black)
Length: 50 to 80cm (Adjustable with knots)
Body: Rosewood; Shell: JINDAI KEYAKI
Size: Height=Abt.38mm Width=Abt.18mm
finished with oil
JINDAI: Lignitized. It is the precious wood that was buried in a long time in the earth or water.
KEYAKI: Japanese Zelkova. A hardwood, quite popular wood for furniture or sculpture in Japan. It has a beautiful grain and when buffed, it takes a polish.
[ Aroma diffuser ]
You can open the acorn, by screwing the cup.
Put cotton tampon inside the Acorn body and place a few drops of essential oil, so you can enjoy this acorn as an aroma diffuser.
If you need a syringe for aroma oil, please let us know.
Also, it can be a tiny container, as we made a larger space in the acorn than the normal ones. One of our recommendations is to use it as an emergency capsule.
[ How to order ]
- For made-to-order, it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks to produce the item. The time differs depending on the preparations or other productions. Please contact us before purchase, we will let you know the expected schedule at that moment.
- After purchase, we will contact you to confirm the production period, delivery schedule and arrangement, etc. Please reply. We will start producing after your reply.
[ About pedant chain ]
The pendant chain can be changed.
Please see the sample page. You can select the type of chain when purchasing.
[ About customizing ]
It is possible to change the arrangement of different accessories.
Pendant and Brooch are available without extra charge. So please let us know your wish when you purchase. Other customizing, such as Bracelet, NETSUKE, Bookmark, etc., would need an extra charge. So please contact us before purchasing.
[ How to Care ]
Wipe with a soft cloth lightly moistened with Walnut oil. (If not, vegetable oils such as rapeseed oil or olive oil will be fine.)
Polish with oil will cause a change of color or texture.
[ Notice ]
- It is simply finished to enjoy the color of the wood. You can also enjoy the changes in texture as well used with care.
- Since we use natural materials, each item is a different color, pattern, and texture.
- Please note that the item will not be exactly the same as the pictures shown here as we produce them by hand.
- Most of the pictures are zoomed-in. Therefore it might seem larger than the actual size. Please see the actual number written for the size.
- Please note that the color might be different from what you see. It depends on the monitor you use.
- The design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
[About gift wrapping]
We offer FREE gift wrapping.
Please tell us when purchasing.
[ Express Shipping ]
For regions outside Japan, you can change the shipping to EMS (Express) with an additional fee.
The tiny wooden sculptures -wooden acorns- are designed and created to be "Art piece to carry around".
Tiny tiny acorns are carved and finished by the artist's hand with arranged Japanese traditional wood lathe techniques and delicate carving techniques. The body and the cup of acorn are strongly connected with the tenon. You can wear them either every day or on special occasions.