**URUSHI (Japanese lacquer) finish - Wood Carving Acorn Pendant **
URUSHI lacquer requires moderate humidity and temperature to harden. We are producing in the best season for URUSHI.
Material: Brass chain (Antique Gold)
Body: URUSHI (base: KATSURA-wood); Cup of Acorn: Walnut
Size: Abt. 26-28mm (Abt. 1-1.1 inch)
Fixed type (not openable)
This material combination does not have an openable type.
URUSHI (Japanese lacquer) finished; a Japanese traditional wood coating natural lacquer, you can enjoy a beautifully polished jewel-like texture. As it is coated with lacquer, it is rather more tough than oil-finished wood.
URUSHI is used on the body of the acorn with KATSURA-wood for its base. The cup of the acorn is made of Walnut, with delicate carvings.
The pendant chain on the photo is Antique-Gold color. You can also change the type of chain.
KATSURA: Japanese Judas tree. Traditionally used for URUSHI base in Kamakura-bori. It makes URUSHI brightly colored and well finished.
[ About customizing ]
The pendant chain can be changed.
[ About customizing to other accessories ]
We are offering the customizing to a pendant, a brooch, a charm, a NETSUKE, a Bracelet, a Bookmark, etc. (Some items with an additional fee.) Please contact us for details.
[ How to Care ]
-Use a well-squeezed damp cloth and wipe clean to dry.
-Because dryness is an extreme nuisance to Urushi products, ensure to provide regular maintenance and prevent it from being dried when not using for long periods of time.
[ Notice ]
- We also have the openable type (the cup and the body of acorn are separatable with wooden screw), such as the Aroma Diffuser or A little larger wooden acorn. This is the FIXED type (not openable).
- Each one has individual differences, If you would like to choose one by your self, please contact us. We will show you a photo of our stock.
-We use the small torso for the shooting and most of the pictures are zoomed-in. Therefore it might seem larger than the actual size. Please see the actual number written for the size.
- Please note that the color might be different from what you see, it depends on the monitor you see.
- We are selling our items at some other sites, shops and events, therefore it might be sold out even it is shown here.
- The design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
[About gift wrapping]
We offer FREE gift wrapping.
Please tell us when purchasing.
[ Express Shipping ]
For regions outside Japan, you can change the shipping to EMS (Express) with an additional fee.
The tiny wooden sculptures -wooden acorns- are designed and created to be "Art piece to carry around".
Tiny tiny acorns are carved and finished by the artist's hand with arranged Japanese traditional wood lathe techniques and delicate carving techniques. The body and the cup of acorn are strongly connected with the tenon. You can wear them either every day or on special occasions.